Here we go for SEO On Page Optimization Techniques …
Search engine optimization helps the webmasters to get organic traffic from search engines, In earlier articles I have shared brief idea about On-page, Off-page SEO details but today I’m going to discuss about SEO On Page Optimization Techniques for your website.
What is SEO on page optimization? On page SEO optimization refers to, within the website making changes to improve the ranking of a website in the search engine results, these changes are related to content, HTML source code example: SEO- Keyword placement, keyword density, meta tags and etc.
SEO On Page Optimization Techniques
SEO On Page Optimization Techniques will deal with the following key terms, so make sure to follow SEO on page optimization steps carefully to optimize your website content in the proper way.
- SEO Page Title
- SEO Meta Description
- SEO Meta Keywords
- SEO Headings
- SEO Optimized Domain
- SEO Sitemap
- SEO 301 & 404 Error pages
SEO Page Title: Define your Page title as search engine friendly to get optimize easily.Page title will tell the users about the type of information available on your webpage. Few important instructions to write optimized page title is
- Length: Page title should be maximum of 60 characters long because search engines will display first 50-60 characters of a title tags in your content rest of them will be truncated.
- Keyword-Placement: Make sure to have targeted keywords at the start of your title and least important words should be at the end of page title
- Keyword-Separation: Avoid using commas,dashes in the page titles, better to use vertical or pipes to separate the keywords in the page title
- Unique Title Tages: Do not repeat your title tags on multiple pages, write different page titles for different pages in your website.
- Simple: Target keywords should be simple and concise, avoid using, and, but, if etc pillars in the title tags.
- Website Name: Do not use your website name in the page title tags unless it is very popular.
SEO Meta Description: It’s a short paragraph which will describe the content of your page, basically meta description will appears under the URL of your title in the search result pages. Meta description is more important to improves click through rate for your page. For better Meta description follow
- Keywords: Place most important phrases, keywords in the Meta description of your page
- Readability: Meta description should be relevant, concise and describe the content of your webpages
- Compelling: Meta description should be compelling and having the clear description
- Length: Recommended meta description length is 130-160, within this range clearly mention your targeted keywords and phrases for on page seo optimization.
- Uniqueness: Each and every page must be described uniquely, do not write same meta description for multiple pages
SEO Meta Keywords: Meta keywords are the most important keywords in your webpage, Meta keywords do not visible to the users such as title, meta description, but meta keywords tell the search engines for which keywords your page is optimizing. Some best practices are:
- Make sure to use 10-15 meta keywords for a single page
- Meta keywords should be visible in the first paragraphs for better SEO optimization
- Keywords must be relevant to your content
- Do not use same meta keywords for multiple pages, use unique meta keywords for every page
SEO Headings: Headings are useful for google robots to identify the content of your webapges so use headings from top to down, In SEO On Page Optimization Techniques headings are also important, use the headings in sequence order for better optimization.Some best practice of SEO Headings are
- Must use H1 tag in each and every page because google spiders will come to know about your page content with the help of H1 tag
- Each page should have only one H1 tag , do not use multiple H1 tags on a single page
- Try to use targeted keywords in H1 tag, avoid least important keywords in H1 tag
- Maintain the sequence order H1-H6, do not use randomly
SEO Optimized Domain Name: Domain name is most important for SEO optimization, Best practices are
- Choose a .com extension: Free Blogs are good but better to choose .com extension for your domain, .com domains are having more success rate than free blog extensions in seo optimization.
- Choose Suitable Name: Choose a brand name for your website which will reflect your niche in the name.
- Length: Try to select as much as shorter because users can’t remember lengthy names.
- Be unique: Your brand name should be unique in the market, try to create unique names such as facebook.com, google.com and etc.
SEO Site map: Site map is the map of your website, it will describe the structure of your website, the main use of site map is, it will help the users and search engines to find information on your website. Try to use one site map for your website to better seo optimization of website.
SEO 301 & 404 Error pages: 301 & 404 these two are the HTTP status codes, 301 will helps to redirect the users and search engines to it’s original URL(if you are using www.blogkeep.com but user type blogkeep.com then 301 will redirect it to it’s original destination) If server did not find any page on your website then it will throw 404 page not found exception, these two are useful for SEO optimization so make sure to define both pages in Cpanel directory.